Moving on from a romantic partnership isn’t easy. Whether you were together for a long period of time or not, some breakups sting more than others. Here are some quotes about moving on that can help you if you’re exiting a relationship, as well as information on how to reach out and find support if you need it.
Quotes About Moving On From A Relationship
The quotes below may pertain to a number of situations where you’re working on letting go of a relationship. Whether it’s unrequited love, incompatibility, or something else, take the quote that works for you and use it in a way that is most advantageous for you and your situation.
- “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.” – J.P. Morgan
- “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.” – B. Nicole
- “Let go of certainty. The opposite isn’t uncertainty. It’s openness, curiosity, and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose sides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow.” – Tony Schwartz
- “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
- “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” – Daphne Rose Kingma
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
- “Let go of something old that no longer serves you to make room for something new.” – Roy T. Bennett
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need. – Tao Te Ching
- “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coelho
- “No matter how bad you want a person, if your hearts are in two different places, you’ll have to pass and move on.” – Alexandra Elle
- “Keep on beginning and failing. Each time you fail, start all over again, and you will grow stronger until you have accomplished a purpose – not the one you began with perhaps, but one you’ll be glad to remember.” – Anne Sullivan
- “Sometimes, you have to move on without certain people. If they’re meant to be in your life, they’ll catch up.” – Mandy Hale
- “Take all the time you need to heal emotionally. Moving on doesn’t take a day, it takes lots of little steps to be able to break free of your broken self.” – Tere Arigo
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Herman Hesse
- “Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.” – Jackson Kiddard
- “The person who doesn’t value you is blocking you from the one who will. Let them go.” – Robert Tew
- “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
- “When one door closes, another opens, but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” – Steve Maraboli
Quotes can be an excellent source of inspiration. They can serve as mantras, affirmations, or little pieces of motivation that help you get through the day. What they can’t do, however, is replace the help of a professional.
Whether you’re dealing with concerns related to interpersonal relationships or something else that’s on your mind, a licensed therapist or counselor can help. There are a variety of ways to find a therapist or counselor online or near you. You can ask your doctor for a referral, contact your insurance company or check their website to see who they cover, search the web, or sign up for a reputable online therapy website like BetterHelp. Regardless of how you find a therapist, you deserve to get the support that you need, so don’t hesitate to reach out and get started today.